Identity Theft Attorney in South Carolina
Dedicated Defense Against Identity Theft Charges in South Carolina
Importance of South Carolina Legal Defense
Facing identity theft charges in South Carolina requires more than just a basic understanding of the legal system. It demands the expertise of seasoned professionals who comprehend the complexities of identity theft laws. At Kent Law Firm, we understand the gravity of identity theft allegations and have a proven track record of providing strong legal defense. If you’re accused of identity theft, your future is at stake, and we are here to safeguard your rights.
If you’re confronting identity theft charges or need legal advice on identity theft matters, act swiftly. Contact Kent Law Firm at 803-433-5368 or use our contact form for a confidential consultation. Our experienced legal team, led by Shaun Kent, is dedicated to protecting your rights and providing effective defense against identity theft charges in South Carolina
What is Identity Theft?
Identity theft, according to South Carolina law, involves unlawfully obtaining, possessing, transferring, or using someone’s personal information with the intent to defraud or deceive. As per South Carolina law (Section 16-13-510 (C)), the following count as identifying information:
Social Security numbers
Driver’s license numbers
Checking and savings account numbers
Credit and debit card numbers
Personal identification numbers
Electronic identification numbers
Any other personal info that could be used to get financial access
Identifying documents like passports, birth certificates, driver’s licenses, etc., used by one person to define another.
South Carolina’s identity theft laws are comprehensive, aiming to combat various forms of identity theft. The statutes address activities such as:
- Unauthorized acquisition or possession of personal identifying information.
- Fraudulent acquisition or use of financial transaction cards.
- Possession, sale, or distribution of tools for identity theft.
Depending on the severity of the crime committed, the penalties for identity theft in South Carolina can include:
- Fines: Identity theft convictions can result in substantial fines.
- Imprisonment: Offenders may face significant jail or prison sentences.
- Restitution: Courts may order restitution to compensate victims for financial losses.
- Probation: In some cases, probation may be part of the sentence.
Identity theft charges go beyond legal consequences. They can have a lasting impact on various aspects of your life, including:
- Employment: Background checks may reveal identity theft charges, affecting job opportunities.
- Credit and Finances: A conviction can damage your credit score and financial stability.
- Personal Relationships: The stigma associated with identity theft charges may strain personal relationships.
Why You Need a Fraud Defense Lawyer in South Carolina
Kent Law Firm, under the leadership of Shaun Kent, has a proven history of successfully defending clients against identity theft charges. We bring a combination of legal expertise and a commitment to protecting your rights. Our reliable defense strategies aim to minimize the impact of identity theft allegations on your life.
Don’t let identity theft charges turn your life for the worse. Contact Kent Law Firm today at 803-433-5368 or use our contact form for a confidential consultation. We are ready to fight for your rights and provide a strong defense against identity theft charges in South Carolina.